Monday 2 July 2012

A Fresh New Start

After 16+ years of public accounting, I felt I needed something new in my life. So last week, I took a position with Famoso Pizza, at thier head office, and gave my notice with Grant Thornton. It all happened very quickly, applying on Sunday, interview on Monday, job offer on Tuesday, quit Wednesday; but it seems like I've wanted to do this for a while, so it just felt natural, like it was the right thing to do.

I had Friday off from Grant Thornton, so I went over to my new work place and just dove right in. They really need someone to take the bull by the horns and I'm just the guy to do it. There was a bit of a "corporate shake up", that has left them with no accountant, and a new head office, so I'm starting from scratch, as we unpack the head office, build all the furniture, and I try and continue the accounting side of things, with no one to actually show me what's what.

I love the company, and it's great to get back to my roots in food service industry. Though the company doesn't own or manage any of the resturants (it just sells and maintains the franchises), I will be working fairly closely with the franchise owners & managers, as well as the excitement of getting new locations up and running.

The team I've met so far are great. They are young, energetic, fun and very dedictated to the business. I know I'm going to love working at Famoso, and can't wait till I'm past this initial start up and into a bit more of a routine there.

Everyone at Grant Thornton was super supportive and very happy for me, which is always nice, when you're making big decisions like these.

BTW - I did make it up to Whistler yesterday for my first day on the mountain.

http://www.famoso.ca/

1 comment:

  1. Nice move. Nobody regrets not working for huge, faceless corporate monoliths.

    D'

    ReplyDelete