Sunday 28 October 2012

Getting Back Into It (with a little nudge)

All right now, focus, concentrate, get back into it.

Excuses, excuses, excuses. Man, I could fill BC Place with the excuses I come up with, to not do things. Well, given that an excuse is a tangible item the size of a bread box.

I had a problem with my cell phone. My old phone was on the way out, and I needed a new one so I treated myself to a Samsung Galaxy Note. It's awesome. I love the phone, but about 3 or 4 weeks into owning it, I dropped it and shattered the screen. Yeah, the $300 screen. Long story short I lost all my pictures I had taken on it when they replaced the screen. This would include my last few weekends in Whistler (including about the only picture I have of Adam smiling) and all my pictures from my Alberta trip. As my mom would say, GDSOB.

Well, there is no use crying about ANYTHING that happens in the past. Move on, learn from my mistakes and try to remember to back up my photo's onto another device. Actually the sad thing about this whole thing is my phone comes with 16GIG of memory, but I decided to up this with an SD card adding 32 more GIG of memory. It's a lot of memory for a phone. 50 Gig? All I had to do is set the phone to store my pics onto the SD card (which I've done now) and all would have been saved, but instead they were directed to my internal phone memory which was wiped clean when they replaced the screen.

Anyways,, move on EH?

Friday was a great night. 4 of us from work (me, Polina, Mitra & Kitson) went to Famoso on Commercial Dr to try out the new menu items. It was a great table. The owner Ryan was there for a bit, as was Trevor and Correna (Trevor sort of works for us), Mitra's boyfriend Dawid was there with his friend Eric, and an other couple John and Margarita.

You would never think it but Polina was almost as tired as I was. And I can be VERY tired on a Friday night.


Here is Mitra, Dawid and Eric (who had the most beautiful smile ever, I wanted to pull his teeth out with pliers and have my dentist put them in my mouth. They can do that can't they?)

  
Me and Kitson. Me with a 5 day growth. Love that about my new job. Kitson's nic-name is Kitty or Kitty Cat, but I don't feel comfortable with him yet to call him Kitty Cat.


We had a great evening, and tried all the new pizza's on the menu. It's great working for a company you can really get behind. Every Famoso I've been too is great food, super atmosphere, friendly staff, a fun place to hang out, and it's really well priced.

The weekend is here, and I'm just relaxing at home having coffee. I'm going to head into work for a bit, as I am getting oh so close to being caught up.

here is a view from my apartment today. It's chilly out, we have 30cm of snow at Grouse Mtn. Looking forward to ski season this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment