Monday 4 June 2012

Everything Old Is New Again

Well, I've been keeping up with my running,,, sort of. I ran Saturday, but skipped Sunday and Monday. Sometimes there is just way too much going on, or you really are just too tired to anything. I'm not going to make up excuses, but even Lance Armstrong takes a day or two off.

I've been running 5K, 4 times a week for most of the month of May, and my goal in June is to get that up to 6K, 4 times a week. June 2nd I ran 5.49K. I'm feeling good out there, but I'll admit it's a real challenge. Especially at the end of the run, when your trying to squeeze another Km out of your poor old legs. I'm out there trying though and I think that's all that really counts.

I don't think I'm seeing the results on the scale I want to see, but I think I'm looking better in the mirror. BTW if someone tells me that 'muscle weighs more than fat" I'm going to SNAP.

This past weekend saw the addition of some new (but actually old) items to my home. A very cool, and very free late 70's Yamaha Stereo Amplifier (a Yamaha CR-400 to be exact) and a Pioneer PL-516 Turntable. The turntable works like a dream, but the amp needs a little work. I did get it up and running for an album or two, but ended up blowing a fuse inside. Some "amp-techies" said that's common with old amps that need a good cleaning. It's been a while since I've had some vinyl in the house, in fact i gave all my records away when i moved out west 6 years ago. I'll tell you something, it was really nice listen to music this way. That disk spinning around, the glow of the speed adjusting light, turning those big heavy knobs on the amplifier, not to mention the amazing sound.



In an interesting twist, needed a bit more speaker wire, so headed down to London Drugs. It's close and I know they have some in there stereo department. While the staff were helping me, I noticed they had records for sale. New vinyl of rereleases. Pink Floyd, the Mama's and the Papa's, Steven Miller. Wow, a major chain store, is now selling albums again.

On Kevin's advice, I picked up the following, a 3 album beauty. I think it even comes with some weed. I can't wait to get that fuse fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment