Monday 21 May 2012

End To A Long Weekend

After our run on  Sunday, it started to rain and didn't stop for the rest of the day. I'm glad we got our run in early, because I don't need any other excuses to not run. Trust me, I already have plenty. With the rain coming down, we grabbed some umbrellas and went shopping on Robson Street. Nicole wanted to pick up a few more pairs of shoes, and I think she was excited to get some that she wouldn't be able to get in Winnipeg. We stopped by a Shoppers Drug Mart and got some face cleanser for me. So my face products I'm using are La Roche-Posay cleansing gel, Olay Regenerist micro-sculpting cream, Dr Brant pores-no-more vacuum cleaner & Boscia no-pores no-shine.


With it still raining, we jumped in the car and decided to head up to Cypress Mountain. There wasn't much of a view with the overcast skies, but it was nice to get out of the city. It's also a neat opportunity to show a visitor how close Vancouver is to downhill skiing. Saturday your shopping in 20C and Sunday your tromping through the snow just 15 minutes away.


Our last night in town, it was time to just relax and what a better way to do that, than at a pub.  We headed to my favourite place in the Gay-bourhood, The Fountain Head Pub and sat on the patio right beside the big fireplace and had some delicious pub food and beers. Spicy Peanut Sauce Wings, Fresh Cut Fries, Nachos with guacamole and salsa made fresh daily. We chatted and giggled and told stories. What a great night.


Monday morning, it was still raining. We thought about the going for a run, but with the swish swish swish of the cars driving through the rain, we just weren't into it. My goal is to run 3 times a week right now, and I'm on schedule, so skipping my Monday run didn't bother me too much. Nicole had to pack, and we also wanted to stop at Ikea on the way to the airport. A quick lunch at Moxies and I had to say good bye to my good friend. It was such a great time and I hope next year is just as fun.


I picked up a few things at IKEA to help me reorganize the apartment a bit. I've been here almost 6 months now, and I'm STILL trying to unpack, and get things where they belong. I've been throwing a lot of stuff out which feels good. Maybe I'll try and focus the blog a bit on my efforts here at home.

Also, my running has left my feet a little sore, so I think its time for some new running shoes. The ones I'm wearing are about 3 years old. I got them in Montreal with Tamara in 2009 at Age Group Nationals.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! glad to see you are getting some quality visitors ;)
    can't wait til it's my turn xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're blogging about facial cleanser! If you don't have a blog about your guitars soon I'm going to subscribe to Aidan's blog instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha :-) I was pretty excited about my new "products" ,,, well do a full post dedicated to my guitars very soon. i promise

      Delete
  3. I agree with Killer. Haha. You're such a girl.

    Was that 2009? WTF? Where has my life gone?

    ReplyDelete