Tuesday 22 May 2012

Record Breaking Day,,,

,,,, or so my running watch is telling me, complete with little Nike fireworks. Longest run, fastest 5K, fastest km, best pace, most calories burned,,, etc etc etc

I'm totally into the novelty of the Nike+ Running Watch,,, it's kind of weird to get back from a run, download the data, and watch it plot the route on Google Map, though I just ran it, so I'm not sure why I need to see it again so soon, or ever again for that matter. Was it worth 200 bucks? Well, it seems to be getting me off the couch and into a running routine, which is great. And if I can just get to a point where I actually "enjoy" getting out and running for a half hour 3 to 5 times a week, then I'm thinking it was a pretty good deal.

Also, I'm hoping to SHATTER my next 10K time. My first 10K run was 1 hour 6 minutes, this years in the Vancouver Sun Run, my time jumped to 1 hour 10 minutes (though I have no problem blaming it on the 50,000 people that were in my way). The next time I run a 10K, I'd like to be around the 50 minute mark. I think the watch (and the Nike+ website I download my data too) can help.

Tamara has put out a challenge to me to run the Vancouver 1/2 Marathon next May. She obviously has A LOT more confidence in my abilities as a runner than I do. Craig (my personal trainer/tax adviser/lunch buddy) also thinks I can do it,,,, or were his words "I know you can". So this watch better have some magical Hogwart powers.

I'm trying to get my Nike+ data linked to my blog, but honestly, I'm not that good at that kind of stuff,,, so I'm guessing it will take some time.

The apartment is starting to look pretty nice,,, I'm moving some stuff around,, can't wait to get a kitchen table. Pictures to come.

2 comments:

  1. You can totally do that 1/2. Physically, you are perfectly capable of training up to that. I will be very happy to watch you cross the finish line with my beer and potato chips in hand. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you can do a half marathon next May too. You've got a year to train for it, you'll be ready then. If I can train for it, you can too. And you know what: it's a year from now. Tamara can be ready too :)

    I do have some doubts by beating your time on the 10K with 10 minutes, that's a lot. Although I don't know in what condition you were when you ran your first 10K, maybe your health is much better now. But if everything is the same, I wish you luck :)

    I use a Garmin for tracking my runs and love it like you love your Nike.

    ReplyDelete