Monday 14 May 2012

the first post,, how exciting

well, it's exciting for me, probably not for anyone that has to read it. Today is the first for a few things. Not only is it my first stab creating a blog, and coming up with something to say, but I also put on my new Nike + Sports Watch GPS and went for a 5 km run. Of course I was beet red, and dripping in sweat about 1 minute into the run, but I finished my 5K in 32 minutes and just felt good getting out there. Plus the new GPS running watch is pretty cool.

I'm starting this blog in hopes that my family and friends will log on and see what I'm up too. If some strangers want to read what's going on, that's cool.

I have a few goals in my life right now. One it to lose 28 pounds. Another is to get REALLY good on my mountain bike this summer in Whistler. I guess by starting this site, my third goal is to make it interesting, and find the cord to plug my camera into the computer so I can upload pics.

I'm at a bit of a crossroads in my life right now,, and I feel the path I'm on is a good one. I've struggled the past few years, and I'm ready for a seriously positive life right now, and I think I have all the right tools (mental, physical, financial, spiritual) to make it happen.

So,, with that,, welcome to my blog. If there is one thing I will try my best on here, it will be to keep it honest.

3 comments:

  1. Any strangers that start reading your blog won't be strangers for long. Your actual friends are probably MUCH stranger any way :)

    Love the blog, the attitude and the layout! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well here's a stranger, sent to you by Tamara. And guess what: your first international reader too because I'm from Holland. I'm a long time reader of Tamara's blog and your name came up several times as you know.

    Look forward to follow your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maia says the memory card actually can be inserted in some port or another on your laptop. That being said, 28 lbs! That's like a whole case of butter! Or two Strats!

    ReplyDelete