Thursday 17 May 2012

Pretty Excited

You bet I am. My good friend Nicole is coming to visit for a few days from Winnipeg. I have to admit, I have lots of great friends, they are cool, fun, interesting, smart, crazy, some have great kids, some come with a great extended family I can tap into, but Nicole, well, she all that AND she's a public accountant.

We met years ago working at the same public accounting firm. We actually didn't work together for very long, and our lives have taken some twists and turns since then, but we always remained friends, and this will be our second annual May Long Weekend together out here on the West Coast.

Her flight gets in pretty early (7:55am) so I'm doing some last minute, frantic cleaning. Trying to de-pube the bathroom, make the place look presentable, put out fresh fruit in bowl and make it look like I have that available all the time (which I don't).

Tamara was just here for a fantastic 10 day visit, and she kind of laid all the ground work for Nicole's visit. She found all these great restaurants and cool stores. To Nicole, it'll look like I totally know Vancouver, when actually I don't know much about this town except a fairly cool gay bar called The Fountainhead Pub. It's a sports bar for gays, and as my friend Sarah calls it "it's the least gay of all the gay bars".

anyways,,, I leave you with a little something that public (tax) accountants find VERY funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v_alwa4V_Y

Still working on getting pics from my phone or camera onto my blog. Coming soon to a blog near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment