Thursday 24 May 2012

New Running Shoes



The are actually more green than yellow, but I'll admit the camera on my phone isn't that great. Plus I still haven't found the cord that plugs my camera into my computer. Where the heck is that dang thing.

The shoes felt great the second I tried them on, and last night when I got home, I tried them out on the treadmill in my gym in my condo building. I've never run on a treadmill before, and,, meh,, what evs. I'm sure they serve a purpose, like when it's 40 below out, but for now I'll stick to the Sea Wall.

I ran the 5K in my gym, because if I run the first couple of times on a treadmill (and not outside) and they don't feel good, then I can return them. No chance of that happening, they are great. It was also the first time I didn't look at the price tag of any of the shoes I was trying on. I didn't want some "sale price" to be a factor. In fact I didn't know who much I was spending until he rang it up. They were $139, plus I bought some running socks (I just couldn't say no to the super hot young guy helping me). So I made my decision on comfort alone,,, plus,, I'm a sucker for anything neon.

Tonight I took a break from running. Pretty much a break from everything.

A great little article Lainie sent me,,,

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/health/fitness/running/training-and-technique/why-i-run-alone-and-sprint-away-from-running-groups/article2437713/print/

2 comments:

  1. They look nice, but the rule with runners is "the cheaper and less cushioned, the better for your legs." Too much cushion changes the stride (longer stride), while not much cushion forces the runner to take smaller steps, and get injured less.

    Very impressed with the lack of grammatical errors in your writing, brother.

    D'Arcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should look at getting a iphone. The camera on it is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete