Tuesday 15 May 2012

Thank You Lord Stanley

For the Stanley Cup? heck no,, for Stanley Park. :-)

Today, after some serious arm twisting from Craig, I made it down to my bike locker and dusted off my Norco and went for a 20K ride around Stanley Park. It's my first? second? ride of the year. I know what your thinking, since when does Eric need arm twisting to get on a bike. Well, the only bikes I have are right now are Down Hill bikes, and as awesome as they are, they are designed for, well, going downhill, not cruising through Vancouver, but regardless, I had a great ride. Stanley Park was just amazing tonight. It truly is one of the better things about living in Vancouver, having the park right there. It was nice to see so many people out and about tonight. One of my faves are the soccer players that bounce/balance/kick their soccer balls. You see them out front of BC Place before the Whitecaps games, and always in the parks. so cool.

Right after work saw me in the squash courts at the gym in my office building with Sam, one of my work mates. Neither of us new what we were doing, but it was a good start to a new sport. I could see it becoming a lot of fun if either of us get any good at it. We both worked up quite a sweat and had a good work out.

Getting excited, as Nicole is coming to visit May long weekend. She'll be here Friday morning till Monday night. I still have no idea what we'll get up to, but she's pretty easy going, and will pretty much follow me anywhere. I'm kind of thinking about heading into the interior a bit. I haven't really explored much of BC since I moved out here 6 years ago.

My place is a bit of a mess, but could care less. My couch is super comfy, there is hockey on, and I'm curled up under my aunt Pat's blanket. ahhh life is good.



3 comments:

  1. *ahem* you should mention your friend who visited last week and inspired you to start a blog in the first place. I heard she is super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really active! It's hard to tell from the photo, but it doesn't seem like you have 28 pounds to lose! Is it for a certain event?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL at Tamara. Maybe she made the mess in your apartment? :)

    Very active day you had.

    ReplyDelete